Registration Renewal

As per the rules now in existence and as per the machinery now available, the candidate has to report in person to get his name registered in the Employment Exchange. But in future, when the provision for online registration comes into effect, the candidate can register his name from any computer that has an internet connection.  But the certificates, in original, are to be produced in the Employment Exchange with in the specified time for verification to avail seniority from the date of registration.

The minimum age limit for registration is 14 years.  No maximum age limit has been prescribed.

A candidate can register his name only with the Employment Exchange under whose jurisdiction he resides. Dual registration is looked upon as a penal offence. The punishment will amount to forfeiture of registration.

But a person possessing Professional and Executive qualifications can register their names in the Professional and Executive Employment Office, Thiruvananthapuram or the Regional Professional and Executive Employment Exchanges at Ernakulam or Kozhikkode, under whose jurisdiction he resides as the case may be,  and retain his registration in the local exchange also.

However the registration, at the local exchange would be treated as secondary only for considering them against vacancies requiring lower qualification. Like wise the ex-service personnel too can maintain primary registration in the Zilla Zainik Board and the secondary registration in the local employment exchange also.

More over if that ex-service candidate has a professional degree or a minimum second class post graduation; he can have registration at the Professional & Executive Employment exchange also.

Literacy is the minimum qualification required to register in the Employment Exchange. 6 digit N C O Code is used for the classification of occupation and any number of A O cards are permitted.

Documents to be produced in original at the time of Registration for Verification

  • Certificate to prove the place of residence
  • Certificate to prove age.
  • Certificate to prove caste if they belong to reservation communities.
  • Certificates and mark list to prove educational qualification/experience.
  •  In case of disabled persons, Medical Certificates to prove Disability,
  • Certificates to prove marital status to claim benefits given to Widows/divorced/ Unmarried and over 35 years of age, inter caste marriage etc.

Certificates to be produced to prove the place of residence

  • 1. School/College Certificates
  • 2. Ration Card
  • 3. Electors Photo Identity Card (in own name/ fathers/mothers/wives or husbands name)
  • 4. Copy of the Electoral Roll Extract
  • 5. Passport (in own name/ fathers/mothers/wives or husbands name)
  • 6. Residential Certificate from Revenue Authorities
  • 7. Residential Certificate from Local Body Authorities
  • 8. Nativity Certificate issued by Village Officer
  • 9. Non-Creamy Layer Certificate issued by Tahsildar
  • 10. Driving License
  • 11. Identity Card issued to physically handicapped persons by Social Welfare Department
  • 12. Employment Certificate issued by the employer to father /mother /wife/husband of the candidate.