A Special cell is functioning in the Employment Directorate for rendering Special Assistance to SC/ST and Ex-Service job seekers. A regional special cell for this purpose is functioning in Palakkad District in the District Employment Exchange.
Coaching-cum-Guidance Centres have been set-up at selected places to cater to the needs of the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe applicants in matters of career planning and advice through group and individual guidance programmes.
These centres aim at enhancing the employability of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe applicants. They operate confidence building programmes and render assistance in preparing them for employment interviews.
Free coaching classes for various competitive examinations are conducted for SC candidates utilizing the fund provided by the SC Development Department.
At these Centres guidance and pre-employment orientation is provided to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates. Their main objectives are:-
- to channelise the available educated SC/ST manpower into appropriate vocations;
- to increase their employability through coaching/training;
- to provide them vocational guidance and career information at the appropriate states; and
- to perform watch-dog functions in the matter of filling up of vacancies/training seats reserved for Scheduled Castes/Tribes candidates in Central/State/Quasigovernment establishments and training institutions in the area.
The centres are located at.
- CGC for SC/ST at Ernakulam
- CGC for SC/ST at Kozhikode
The Coaching Centres conduct regular cover of 10 months duration or stenography with computer training. The trainers are given a stipend of Rs.150 per months.
These centres conduct pre-examination training for preparing candidates for competitive examinations conducted by Kerala Public Service Commission, Railway Recruitment Board, and other recruitment agencies. The stipendary training programme is of about 10-15 days during. Trainees are given a stipend of Rs.50 per day.
Apart from this, these centres also conduct training course on Food and Nutrition.
Group guidance as well as individual guidance is provided to SC/ST/Ex-Service job seekers residing with in the jurisdiction of the Coaching centre. They are given measures on the job opportunities in various fields.
|1||Coaching Cum Guidance Centre for SC/ST
Kandathil Building, Karshaka Road
Behind South Railway Station, Ernakulam, Pin-16.
|2||Coaching Cum Guidance Centre for SC/ ST
Sujatha Building, Vellimadukunnu
Kozhikkode, Pin-673 015.
- The CGC at Ernakulam caters to the need of the stakeholders in Alappuzha, Kottayam, Idukki, Ernakulam and Thrissur Districts.
- The CGC at Kozhikode caters to the need of the SC/ST and Ex-Service job seeker in the District of Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur and Kasargod.
- The Coaching and Guidance needs of the jobseeker in other districts are met by CGC for SC/ST under the Government of India functioning at Thiruvananthapuram.